Thursday, October 22, 2009

If I were to buy (eg. Norton) antivirus software, how long would it last before I had to buy it agai

Forgive me for being dim, but is this something you have to buy/renew every year: does it run for the calendar year or just 12 months from when you install it?



If I were to buy (eg. Norton) antivirus software, how long would it last before I had to buy it again?



12 months from the day you install, i.e. 28 January 2007 to 28 January 2008.



Rather than pay for Norton (which is a resource hog) why not go for free, good and recommended programs? I used Norton for six years, but since I've used free programs, my computer is a lot faster. Definitely worth trying the free programs before you make a decision.



For good, free and recommended security programs, please go here



http://www.webuser.co.uk/forums/showflat...



I recommend AVG as an anti virus, although eTrust's 12 month free trial is excellent (I'm using it and am extremely impressed).



If you need other programs, go for Zone Alarm firewall, AVG anti spyware (formerly Ewido) and SpywareBlaster.



If you click on the names in that list I gave you and it will take you to the official download site.



Please ensure that you keep them all updated for full protection and check for any updates when you first download them.



If I were to buy (eg. Norton) antivirus software, how long would it last before I had to buy it again?antivirus downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment