Thursday, October 22, 2009

Does anyone else here thing NOT having antivirus software installed is DUMB?

Coming From A IT Secruity Expert



I'm a security expert and all my PCs I own don't have a Anti Virus program on them. I know how viruses/worms/trojans work and can even code them myself. Matter of fact i'll let you in on a lilttle secert you can still get viruses with a AV. For example all the little exploits Windows has like buffer overflow where I can insert the code and have it executed without the Anti Virus Software doing anything. Some hackers like to get fame when they find one and they will make whats called a rootkit.



I don't use a AV cause it just hogs ram and takes up space on your HD. The only time I will use a Anti Virus is if I was admin of a network and I had to keep it secure. Most of the time when a network is compromised it is done by one of the users. Probably downloaded a program with a virus binded to it.



These are the best ways to secure your PC.



Firewall.



Keep Windows updated.



Does anyone else here thing NOT having antivirus software installed is DUMB?abtuvurys 2005



it is dumb



Does anyone else here thing NOT having antivirus software installed is DUMB?antivirus programs



It's ultimately the individual's decision to have anti-virus software or not, but anyone who doesn't is either dumb or really enjoys having to reinstall their OS every week, due to the virus that locks up their PC and destroys the hard disk.
I dont use anti-virus software and have never had a problem. I use a good fire wall and know what is comming in and out of my computer. I have found that anti-virus slows down my comp and is quite un-usefull as long as you know what you are doing
no i find it not dumb at all especaly if your stressed for resources so as long as you use care and dont dl every godforsakeing file you see i have ran av free for 3 yrs with no problems though i do use scanners i dont have a resident live av
U r a moron without it, its russian roulette, its funny though when people have to buy a new comp, ahah
Hi!



Not having some PC security up and running is... more than DUMB! Imagine this: it is highly probable that right now someone is reading your e-mails and stuff, and sends letters to your friends... to an unlimited extent... This is what may happen if someone takes control of your computer.



The worst part is this: any computer that does NOT have some anti virus installed has a 50% chance to get infected with at least one virus during the first 12 minutes after installation.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment