Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tell me wat to do?

I bought an laptop 3 months back .It came with an preloaded antivirus software(norton) wit 60 days validity.. now it is being expired n asking me to subscribe..For subscription i hav got to pay neary 4000 bugs..so my question is wheather i can now delete this n can i install some other software tat r freely available... will this be ok.



Tell me wat to do?norton



Norton should be banned from society :) Uninstall it without thinking much.



I'm using NOD32, which is much better than the rest of the antiviruses that I've used in my life.



Tell me wat to do?spyware remover



Don't delete it - uninstall it using the Add/Remove Programs control panel. Once you've uninstalled it, you can install whatever you like.



Keep in mind that most of the decent anti-virus programs will charge you a subscription fee for updates. The free programs are better than nothing, but they're not as good as the paid stuff.
You can delete it. It is very hard to get Norton completely off of your pc. You can go to the Norton site and search for free removal software. After that you can install the new anti-virus.
If you just got your laptop, I hope you got the backup disks. If you did, there should be one from Norton. Use this disk to uninstall it, or else you will not get all of it out of your computer. If you do not have the disk, contact Norton and try to obtain uninstalling help.
uninstall norton... install mcafee... it provides updates for 1 yr..

No comments:

Post a Comment