Saturday, June 19, 2010

Computer reinstalled windows xp on its own...? I lost everything!?

Went to turn my computer off and it went to some start up screen that said "Installing software" so I thought it was a windows update or something so I just let it go but omg... My computer reinstalled windows on its own! Everything is gone, pictures, applications, games, music... EVERYTHING! I will add that the night before this happened I ran all my antivirus software, I defragmented it, and ran disk cleanup and no problems were found. I dont care about ANYTHING except my sons pictures (which total somewhere between 500 and 1.5k) I was going to save them all onto a disks at about 5 and it did this at 3. I dont care what it takes but I want my pictures back, and I dont care about anything else. Please tell me how to get them all back. I cant use go back or windows recovery... I already tried. Please help.



Computer reinstalled windows xp on its own...? I lost everything!?norton 360



Hello!



Go to Major Geeks.com. Download a trial of TuneUp Utilities 2007 (which keeps working after the trial, but is well worth buying--best utility kit ever!)



Use the deleted file recovery program, and bring up all files from the disk. Pick out the ones you wish to retrieve, and do this right away, before your disk is overwritten. Also, check the disk usage program. Some of your files will still be there, and this will show you every file stored on your disk.

No comments:

Post a Comment