Saturday, June 19, 2010

Is it normal for svchost.exe to consume 100% resources at startup?

I`ve heard all the stuff about the trojans and worms that could get thru the open whatevers that svchost.exe leaves, but most of the people concerned had its resources low at all times. My problem is that this thing uses 100% of my resources at startup for about 4 minutes and then everything is back to normal. this wasn`t an issue before, so.... my question is: Is there any problem with my computer??? is that normal??? by the way, i do have antivirus software (bitdefender 8 plus), ran it and found nothing.



Thanx in advance for any help I can get



Is it normal for svchost.exe to consume 100% resources at startup?pc security



You probably won't find anything with ANY anti-virus program.



It's not uncommon, but it's not a virus.



It's most likely that pain in the butt "Microsoft Update Issue".



I had this problem also. After doing a LOT of research, I found the fix. Now my computer is perfect again. Try installing WindowsUpdateAgent30. A link and more info is available here



http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/mo...



I used WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe (most people I've check with do also)



Like I said, It's most likely that Microsoft Update Issue.



Turning off your Automatic updates will work also (in freeing all your memory) until you try to update manually, but those updates are important, so I found it better just to install the fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment