Saturday, June 19, 2010

Game i downloaded has adware???

I knowingly downloaded a free game from the internet that comes with one of those types of junk where it displays ads while you are online. I did this because i decided i would just uninstall it and run my antivirus software.....



what i'm wondering is..... is this okay?..... or even with uninstalling and running a scan/correcting problem will i have a problem????



TY



Game i downloaded has adware???pop up blocker



I would immediately uninstall it. Keep your anti-spyware solution up to date, and run a full scan every few days. I recommend the free SpyBot Search %26 Destroy that you can get from http://www.download.com



Don't confuse SpyWare and Adware with viruses. The best anti-spyware tools are ad-aware and SpyBot.



Good luck and Happy Computing!



Game i downloaded has adware???systemworks



Adding on to what Dell Techie posted, I would install Avast! Antivirus. Its a great free antivirus program and all you have to do is get a activation/registration key every 14 months and all you need to put in is your email and name. I have been using it for years, never any problems.



http://www.avast.com
i have gotten that junk in my comp to but once i uninstalled the adware the comp was fine

No comments:

Post a Comment