Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hard drive with XP pro - need help recovering data Please!!?

XP Pro on drive- i got the Ws_war virus. so boot is Crazy slow. it eats up the TCPIP stack. So I build a different hard drive with XP pro on in and installed all the antivirus software- everything is good. I now take my original HD that wouldnt boot anymore and slave it to the new HD I need to get my documents and data off of it but i get and error message that says access denied with I drill down to the documents and settings directory on the old HD to get to the MyDocuments Dir in my profile. is there any NTFS software out there or what can I do to get my data off of the old drive. I have checked to make sure that file attirbutes are set not to be hidden.



Hard drive with XP pro - need help recovering data Please!!?norton antivirus 2007



You should be able to boot into safe mode on the new hard drive and then take ownership of the restricted files/folders via the properties panel. Right click on the folder and there should be a tab that says ownership or something, and make sure you give ownership to the username you are logged in as.

No comments:

Post a Comment