Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Itunes slow uses up all cpu?

Everytime i run itunes my whole computer goes very slow. I know that this isn't down to the laptop as it is a top of the range power laptop. I know its not down to my symantec antivirus software as i've disabled it and it is still really slow.



In an attempt to improve the speed i cleared my harddrive of all excess music and put it all in one folder. DID NOTHING. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know this isn't the 1st case of it.



Itunes slow uses up all cpu?antivirus download



Is it using all of the CPU when it's not doing anything, or just when it's downloading things from the internet? You can check in the Windows Task Manager to see what percentage of the CPU is being taken up by iTunes. You also might want to gander through the list of processes to see if there is more than one instance of iTunes running. If you download lots of podcasts (particularly the ones with video) it takes a lot of CPU and network resources and it would explain the slow down. You will also want to completely shut iTunes down when you aren't actively using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment