Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I need a master computer technician?

any phd's in phisics out there?here is my problem,,,when i turn on my computer-there is this wierd looking blue screen that says "Welcome".this just started happening after i installed this antivirus software for the first time..Could this be a virus?if so,,how do i get rid of it?



I need a master computer technician?computer protection



Sounds like Microsoft Windows. Definitely a virus.



Format the drive and install Linux.



Ohh wait... is it AVG? I know AVG has an on boot scan feature that runs by default to check for viruses prior to windows loading.



But I'm not so familiar with windows as I don't work on many windows machines anymore and the only one in the house (a glorified print server and game machine for the kids) runs 98. I'm also not up to date with AV software as I don't have much of a need for it. The 98 machine has an old version of AVG on it, I haven't gotten around to putting something like Winpooch with ClamWin on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment