Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How do I get McAfee completely off my computer?

I bought a new antivirus software and I removed McAfee from the computer and restarted the machine, but I keep getting popups in the bottom right of my screen of McAfee updates. Is there a way to completely remove this?



How do I get McAfee completely off my computer?antivirus protection



i believe McAfee updates is a seperate program that you have to remove.. go back into your "remove" programs and make sure that you have removed everything with the name McAfee on it.. hope this helps...



How do I get McAfee completely off my computer?computer repair



you will have to go to mcafee and down load there removel tool and then run it on your PC .
Manual Uninstall



My Computer--%26gt;C Drive--%26gt;Programs--%26gt;Mccafee--%26gt; Delete all files and send to recycle bin



Start--%26gt;Run--%26gt;REGEDIT--%26gt;Enter--%26gt;HKEY CURRENT USER--%26gt;Software--%26gt;Right Click Mcafee and Delete



Now Open HKEY Local Machine--%26gt;Software--%26gt;Right Click Mcafee and Delete



Restart
Easy way. I had the same problem the reason is because it is still in the registry. Go to Add/Remove Programs and delete anything to do with McAfee. Be sure to remove security center. Then go to http://safety.live.com/site/en-US/center...



and run the scanner. for clean up. It might ask you to install some ActiveX controls jsut do that and let it scan. It will find registry errors just click delete and then restart your computer. It should not come up anymore.
Delete anything in A%26Rprograms with McAffee on it, I believe there's a separate updater.
Try this link:



http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/?siteID=1%26resol...

No comments:

Post a Comment