Sunday, September 20, 2009

Norton antivirus pisses me off. How do I get it off of my computer?

The antivirus software is like a virus itself. I don't want to pay for it, so I don't renew it. It comes on every few days asking me if I want to renew. I try to uninstall it as you normally would in Add and Remove programs and it will not work. It blocks pop ups when I don't want it to, it filters adult material that I want to look at, and it will not go away. Please help!!



Norton antivirus pisses me off. How do I get it off of my computer?antispam



http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsg...



I had to do this too ;)



Norton antivirus pisses me off. How do I get it off of my computer?avast



Restart your pc in safe mode by pressing f8 repetivly once you hit the start button and choose safe mode. then go to add and remove programs and remove all 3 items related to Nortons %26 Symantic then look under c:\windows\program files\ and delete and norton and or symantic folders. then reboot. and run a registry cleaner like CCLEANER
Restart Your computer in "Safe Mode", and then try to uninstall it again via Add/Remove Programs.
I have Norton Anti virus that cost 40 bucks it has been just fine. It updates every Friday and has blocked a lot things trying to attack my computer, I know because I check the history logs. If you have a nother name virus protector also this could be your problem, you can not run two anti virus' on a computer. They will interupt with each other and mess up a computer.
right click the nortons icon in the taskbar click on exit or shut down nortons

No comments:

Post a Comment